Monday, December 1, 2008

Winter Week Part 1

Hey everyone, hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! This week we are focusing on winter, and I can't wait! At Skylar's adorable little preschool they just finished their quarterly evaluations, so I am using that in planning this week. Skylar had 3 letters that she had trouble recognizing, so I picked one to focus on this week and that letter is M. So for the first two days of this week we are all about MITTENS!! First of all I went to dltk-kids.com and printed out a template of upper and lower case letter M, then I glue them to cute scrapbook paper and color them. I put this on my fridge so every morning at breakfast we see it and can talk about it, hopefully making it familiar by the end of the week. We are going to the library today to check out the book "The Mitten" by Jan Brent. It talks about mittens and lots of winter animals and at preschooleducation.com they have a link to where you can print out the pics of the animals. I glued them to popsicle sticks so Skylar could use them as puppets while we read the book.

Then we cut out a lot of mittens on different scrapbook paper that is white on the back. We cut out pairs and are going to play the matching game with the different mittens. Finally I cut out two HUGE mittens and Skylar will put her painted handprints all over them. Cute, right?? Wish I could claim I came up with them, but I am strictly a copycat :)

Stay tuned for our service-mitten based family home evening and the rest of winter week!

No comments: