Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy New Year's Week!!

Wow, long time no post!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I know that we did. I was kind of excited that the holidays were over, just so we can get back to normal, only to realize we have one last holiday, New Years! Now, if you are like me and have young (very young!) children, New Years is not the easiest holiday to celebrate. However, after a lot of searching I found some amazing ideas that could make the holiday really special for the whole family.

Almost everything I found that I loved was on www.familyfun.com. My favorite idea that they had was for those of us that don't want to try to keep our children up til Midnight (thats all of us, right? :) The brilliant idea they had was to celebrate with a theme from a different time zone. Examples were having a New York theme party, and at ten ringing in the new year. You could have Broadway music playing, New York cheesecake for desseret, etc. I thought that was a fabulous idea, plus you know how I love a theme!

We are already planning on making our own party hats, streamers, and noise makers for the big night (all of the ideas for these are on familyfun.com)
The other thing I wanted to focus on with Skylar was teaching her about time, telling time, and clocks. I thought this week would be perfect as we focus so much on the countdown New Years Eve. If you just google preschool telling time, you will find some great resources, I already had some books so I didnt need to print anything off. Hope you enjoy the final week of the holidays with your family, I love the start of a new year, the chance to do more and be better!

No comments: