Monday, January 11, 2010

Bodies Week




What a fun week we have planned! On my family blog I posted about a few of these activities 2 years ago, and it is so fun to look back at the pictures of my oldest, now the same age as my youngest daughter :)

One really fun activity I though of was to have the kids lay down on a big roll of butcher paper. Then they help me label all the different body parts, and afterwards they get to color them. Skylar LOVES this, and enjoys hanging her "Skylar" on the wall for the whole week :)

The other things they really enjoy is making a face out of fruit. We talk about each of the different parts of a face and they get to make their own. String cheese for hair, bananas for mouth, mandarin oranges for eyebrows, etc! You can use whatever you have on hand, and it makes for a healthy snack too!

One game my kids really love to play is Hullabaloo. It is so fun, and great for their ages. Well this week we will use the different mats, but instead of doing what the little game says, I will direct the kids, having them touch the pads with different parts of their bodies.

Last but not least, who doesn't love a little Hokey Pokey :) Have a great week everyone!! :)

No comments: