Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Individual Worth Family Home Evening

Again last night we had a really simple but wonderful family home evening. I was wanting to save up my Christmas fhe's for the next few weeks so I was trying to think of what our family needed. Just a quick side note: I believe very strongly that if we go to our Heavenly Father in sincere prayer he will guide us every step of the way as we prepare our family home evenings. I personally have received a lot of personal revelation regarding the needs of my small family, and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that helps me to see the things that will benefit my family the most.

Anyways :) We started off the night by reading my MOST favorite childrens book. If you don't have this book RUN, don't walk, RUN to the nearest book store and get it!! It is so fantastic, and the kids even at age 2 and 4 were mesmerized by it. What book you ask? :)



I couldn't get through reading it without tearing up. It beautifuly teaches us about the love of our Heavenly Father, and how we are special simply because of our existence, and the only love and approval we need is that of our Father in Heaven. I am not doing it justice, it really is wonderful!

After we talked about it we went around the room and everyone said what they thought made everyone else special. It was so cute to hear what the kids said, I especially loved it when my four year old said the reason her sister was special is because she is her best friend :) It was a beautiful moment for our little family, especially considering those two usually fight most of the day! It increased my testimony even more of family home evening and the spirit it brings into our homes, allowing us to become better and recognize the gifts that we have.

No comments: