Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinosaur Family Home Evening

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a fabulous year so far :) This week we are doing fun little things about dinosaurs, so of course, got to have a dinosaur themed fhe! I searched and searched for this little lesson because I remember when my mom did it for us when I was about 5 or 6. It struck me how odd that I would still remember a specific fhe we had years ago, and reminded me how important it is to keep doing them for my kids, even when at times they are super unsuccessful! Anyway, I finally found the same story my mom used on the website www.executivehomaker.com. Here is the direct link: http://www.executivehomemaker.com/content.asp?pid=87&id=551

You can print out the pictures of the dinos, which I did. This is a great lesson for all ages I think, I sure know my kids can't hear too much about manners. To do this lesson, I taped the different dinosaurs on the walls in different rooms in our house. Then we went on a dinosaur hunt where we walked through each room as I told the story and found the dinosaurs. The final dinosaur (the polite one :) was in the fridge, taped to a bowl of chocolate pudding. In the pudding I hid little dino fruit snacks that Skylar LOVED digging for! It is a really great fhe that I love having in my files. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

i am trying to find that dinosaur lesson plan but am not having any luck. do you still have a copy of it?

Brooke said...

ditto to the comment above :). just found your blog, love it. thanks for the ideas

Unknown said...

I am trying to to find the printables! any idea to find them